- SAMT is an innovative UAT inspection system for solid axles
- The system is made of 2 phased array UT probes (4MHz) that inspects the entire axle volume from a blind hole placed in the axle end.
- The axle scan is performed automatically, thereby reducing the influence of human factors on this safety critical process.
- The probe head is placed in the axle end blind hole, and the integrated motor rotates the probes while an encoder provides the reference angle position.
- The result of the inspection is a recorded map (axle longitudinal direction, angle) with the position of the indications